OASPA is a not-for-profit organization representing a diverse community of organisations engaged in open scholarship. OASPA members contribute to the sustainability of the organisation and are intrinsic to fulfilling our mission of encouraging and enabling open access as the predominant model of communication for scholarly outputs.
To enable effective change and development, our focus is on collaboration – sharing experiences, helping to develop industry standards and collectively discussing and enabling solutions to support a sustainable path for open access publishing. By joining OASPA you can become an integral part of that collective voice.
Your OASPA membership also brings you special opportunities to take part in meetings, discussions and educational opportunities related to developing and sustaining OA publishing models.
- Join 165 other member organisations in demonstrating your commitment to open scholarship
- Demonstration of publication(s) quality and open scholarship commitment to high standards via rigorous review process
- Nomination rights for OASPA Board membership
- Voting for nominations in OASPA Board Elections
- Attendance at member-only OASPA AGM
- Opportunities to take part in OASPA interest groups and committees
- Registration discounts for the highly regarded and well-attended OASPA annual conference
- Hear first about open scholarship developments and initiatives via our member-only mailing list
- Special opportunities to take part in open scholarship meetings, discussions, events and research projects related to developing and sustaining OA publishing models for books and journals
- Help to build a collective voice in support of OA publishing, share your experiences with others, and help develop industry standards to the benefit of all OA publishers
- Mentoring and support for scholar-led book and journal publishers
- Sponsored membership in CrossRef for ‘Scholar Publisher’ members. OASPA will cover the cost of membership in CrossRef and pay for up to 50 DOIs per annum. Registration via OASPA for CrossCheck service is also available for Scholar Publisher members.
- Optional moderated interview on the OASPA blog on joining
- Welcoming member messages shared via OAPSA social channels
- Listing and hyperlinked profile page on member area of OASPA site
- OASPA logo on your organisation or publication site
- Ability to propose post topics for the OASPA blog