|Title||Stichting Fair Open Access Alliance|
Supporting Services and Infrastructure (Non-Commercial)
|Owner||The Fair Open Access Association (FOAA) is a non-profit foundation based in the Netherlands, a so-called Stichting in compliance with Dutch law. Stichting FOAA was founded in 2017.
FOAA is formally governed by its board members. The various xOAs and other participating organisations are represented as Participants. Participants are represented by one delegate for each participating xOA, such as LingOA and MathOA.
The board members are:
Prof. Johan Rooryck (President; Leiden University)
Prof. Jos Baeten (Treasurer; CWI Amsterdam)
Prof. Martin Eve (Secretary; Open Library of Humanities)
Dr. Ralf Schimmer (Max Planck Institute Germany)
Dr. Danny Kingsley (Cambridge University)
Prof. Peter Suber (Harvard University)
The project leader is Drs. Saskia C.J. de Vries (Sampan – academia & publishing).
The purpose of the foundation is
a. to promote and support initiatives concerning Open Access publications in the broadest sense;
b. to acquire resources and financially sustain Open Access publications;
c. to support foundations financially and otherwise in various disciplines (xxxOA’s) that pursue the same goals;
d. to expand the Open Library of Humanities to other disciplines.
e. to propagate and promote the principles of Fair Open Access over all disciplines of science.
|Address||Centrum voor Wiskunde en Informatica (CWI)
tav Jos Baeten
Science Park 123,
1098 XG Amsterdam
|Copyright and Licensing Policy||Our Fair Open Access principles are the following:
* The journal has a transparent ownership structure, and is controlled by and responsive to the scholarly community.
* Authors of articles in the journal retain copyright.
* All articles are published open access and an explicit open access licence is used.
* Submission and publication is not conditional in any way on the payment of a fee from the author or its employing institution, or on membership of an institution or society.
* Any fees paid on behalf of the journal to are low, transparent, and in proportion to the work carried out.
|OASPA Compliant OA Journals||None - we help existing journals flip to Fair Open Access with every publisher who is prepared to comply with our FOA principles|
|Initiatives||The Fair Open Access Alliance is the umbrella organisation of Linguistics in Open Access (LingOA), Mathematics in Open Access (MathOA) and any xxOA's that we will set up in future.|