Open Access Community Events
- This event has passed.
Shifting Power Centres in Scholarly Communications: Implications and future roles for libraries and publishers (ALPSP UKSG Joint Event)
13 November£190 – £240
The pace of change in our sector has accelerated – and that change has also become more wide-reaching. Where does all of this change leave researchers – are they already realising new benefits, or are they suffering from having one foot in the old world and one in the new? What will happen next, and how should scholarly publishers and librarians prepare?
This year’s One-Day Conference is a partnership between UKSG and ALPSP, two organizations well placed to understand and address the scholarly communications’ community’s needs and concerns in this rapidly evolving ecosystem. The event promises strategic insight, practical takeaways and robust discussion among research funders, academics, librarians and publishers.
- Chaired by: Andrew Barker, Liverpool John Moores University
Confirmed Speakers include:
- Beth Montague-Hellen, University of Nottingham and Regina Everitt, University of East London, on future roles for libraries
- Dr. Max Haring, Project Manager – University Journals at University of Amsterdam universities, on collaborating to create their own publishing platform
- Dr Jocelyn Leblanc, Association of Medical Research Charities, on the funder perspective on owning OA platforms
- Cathal McCauley, Maynooth University, on the European perspective
- Dr. Alicia Wise, Director, Information Power, on the Society Publishers Accelerating Open access and Plan S (SPA-OPS) project
- Susie Winter, Springer Nature, on transformative journals
A networking drinks reception follows the final session.