Open Access Community Events
- This event has passed.
ALPSP Online Journal Discovery and Delivery: Working with libraries and industry intermediaries to maximise readership
20 March£372 – £601
Our expert tutors: Simon Inger & Tracy Gardner, Renew Publishing Consultants
“This was probably the most comprehensive, educational and interesting course I have attended. Perfectly suited to my requirements”
This popular course explores the technologies behind online journal delivery, and helps delegates understand the challenges faced by libraries and readers in providing, finding and reading content. As such it has a wide relevance and will provide valuable insight to those working in production, IT, editorial, sales, marketing and customer service to ensure the steps to journal discovery are seamless.
* gain a business-level grounding in journal delivery technologies
* have a greater insight into customers’ technical and business requirements
* understand the role technology plays in journal deployment and discoverability
* appreciate the limitations and risks associated with granting or denying access through all the main authentication methods
* learn how library licence agreements should be structured to support these limitations