OASPA Online Conference on Open Access Scholarly Publishing 2022
Program and Themes
The preliminary program is now available
The 2022 online conference will encourage participants to think Beyond Open Access to equitable open scholarship and science practices and will address many timely and fundamental topics relating to open scholarly communication.
These include, and are not limited to
- The University Leadership Role in Delivering Equitable Open Access
- Connecting Vision to Practice: what needs to happen to ensure recent recommendations are met
- Common Good and Open Access
- Humanities and Open Scholarship
- Indigenous Knowledge
- Open Science Knowledge Amongst Researchers Globally
- Has open science failed to influence research assessment?
- Pathways to Open Access: Values-based publishing models
- The S2O model explored
OASPA 2022 will be held online to ensure wide participation and the opportunity to welcome everyone for collective reflection on our endeavours to ensure scholarship is open and accessible to all. We are pleased to have been able to freeze registration rates for the third year in a row.
Registration is now open at https://oaspa2022.eventbrite.co.uk
OASPA wishes to make the 2022 online conference as inclusive as possible. Therefore, the conference is free for
- scholar/scientist publisher members of OASPA (Individuals or small groups of scientists/scholars that publish usually a single scholarly journal in their field of study. (The publication process is often largely subsidised by volunteer effort).
- Individuals who are not connected to an organization able to fund them.
If you fall into either category, please contact OASPA at firstname.lastname@example.org for a waiver code.
Registration fees are based on the size of the organization you belong to and whether or not you are a member of OASPA. We are pleased to have been able to freeze registration rates for the third year.
(Large organizations are those with revenue over €5,000,000).
- Large non-member/supporter organization registration – €350.00
- Large member/supporter organization registration – €275.00
- Small non-member/supporter organization registration – €150.00
- Small member/supporter organization registration – €100.00
- Individuals registration (e.g. one-person consultants or unaffiliated individuals) – €50.00
- Academic organization registration (incl. small publishers based at academic organizations) – €50.00
- Supporter Individual or academic organization – €40.00
Organisations registering three full-rate individuals may register further (unlimited) individuals for €50.00 (€25.00 for academic organizations). Please contact email@example.com for a discount code.
Recordings, slides, and posters from OASPA2021 are available on the 2021 program page.
Information about previous OASPA conferences can be found using the following links:
- Recordings from OASPA 2021 The program has links to slides.
- Recordings from OASPA 2020 The program has links to slides.
- Recordings, slides and posters from OASPA 2019 Program
- Recordings, slides and posters from COASP 2018 Program
- Recordings, slides and posters from COASP 2017 Program
- Recordings from COASP 2016 Program
- Recordings from COASP 2015 Program
- Recordings from COASP 2014 Program
- Slides from COASP Asia, Bangkok, Thailand, 2-3 June 2014
- Recordings and Slides from COASP 2013
- Recordings and Slides from COASP 2012
2022 Conference Program Committee
Arianna Becerril García (Autonomous University of the State of Mexico)
Leslie Chan (Knowledge Equity Lab, University of Toronto Scarborough)
Jennifer Gibson (Dryad and OASPA Chair)
Iain Hrynaszkiewicz (PLOS)
Carlos Alfredo Joly, (Universidade de Campinas and Editor-in-Chief of Biota Neotropica)
Sushil Kumar (Chitkara University Publications)
Catherine Mitchell (California Digital Library)
Lucy Oates (Oxford University Press)
Omo Oaiya (West and Central African Research and Education Network (WACREN))
Jadranka Stojanovski (University of Zadar and Ruđer Bošković Institute)
Francois van Schalkwyk (African Minds)