OASPA Online Conference on Open Access Scholarly Publishing 2021
Designing 21st Century Knowledge Sharing Systems
We are pleased to announce that registration is open for the 2021 OASPA Conference on Open Access Scholarly Publishing. The conference takes place online from Tuesday, 21 September – Thursday, 23 September 2021. Please share this information and the registration link (https://oaspa2021.eventbrite.co.uk/) with colleagues who may be interested.
The full program is now available.
The 2021 online conference “Designing 21st Century Knowledge Sharing Systems” will address many timely and fundamental topics relating to open scholarly communication and also offer a forum for collective reflection on the ongoing impact of the pandemic and our endeavours to ensure scholarship is open and accessible to all to address all current and future challenges.
The event will include panels, keynotes, an extended opening discussion and lightning poster talks.
OASPA wishes to make the 2021 online conference as inclusive as possible. Therefore, the conference is free for
- scholar/scientist publisher members of OASPA (Individuals or small groups of scientists/scholars that publish usually a single scholarly journal in their field of study.
(The publication process is often largely subsidised by volunteer effort).
- Individuals who are not connected to an organization able to fund them.
If you fall into either category, please contact OASPA at email@example.com for a waiver code.
Group booking discounts are available for multiple bookings from the same organization – see below.
Your registration fee is based on the size of the organization you belong to and whether or not you are a member of OASPA.
(Large organizations are those with revenue over €5,000,000).
- Large non-member organization registration – €350.00
- Large member organization registration – €275.00
- Small non-member organization registration – €150.00
- Small member organization registration – €100.00
- Academic organization registration (incl. small publishers based at academic organizations) €50.00
- Individuals (e.g. one-person consultants or unaffiliated individuals) – €50.00
Organisations registering three full-rate individuals may register further (unlimited) individuals for €50.00 (€25.00 for academic organizations). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a discount code.
Full information will be made available on this page as it becomes available or you can sign up here for updates on registration details and program news.
All enquiries regarding the conference can be directed to email@example.com
We are extremely grateful to our sponsors for enabling us to make the conference as accessible as possible and supporting OASPA in fulfilling its mission. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for remaining sponsorship opportunities.
We also thank our 2021 Conference Committee, listed below, for their ideas and hard work.
2021 OASPA Conference Committee
Juan Pablo Alperin (ScholCommLab/Public Knowledge Project)
Arianna Becerril García (Autonomous University of the State of Mexico)
Leslie Chan (Knowledge Equity Lab, University of Toronto Scarborough)
Ella Chen (Royal Society of Chemistry)
Jennifer Gibson (eLife)
Raoul Kamadjeu (Pan African Medical Journal)
Tasha Mellins-Cohen (Mellins-Cohen Consulting)
Catherine Mitchell (California Digital Library)
Lara Speicher (UCL Press)
Graham Stone (Jisc)
Caroline Sutton (Taylor & Francis)
Information about previous OASPA conferences can be found using the following links:
- Recordings from OASPA 2020 The program has links to slides.
- Recordings, slides and posters from OASPA 2019 Program
- Recordings, slides and posters from COASP 2018 Program
- Recordings, slides and posters from COASP 2017 Program
- Recordings from COASP 2016 Program
- Recordings from COASP 2015 Program
- Recordings from COASP 2014 Program
- Slides from COASP Asia, Bangkok, Thailand, 2-3 June 2014
- Recordings and Slides from COASP 2013
- Recordings and Slides from COASP 2012
- Video Recordings from COASP 2011
- Video Recordings from COASP 2010
- Video Recordings from COASP 2009