OASPA Online Conference on Open Access Scholarly Publishing 2020
The OASPA 2020 Conference will take place online during the week of Monday 21 – Friday 25 September 2020. Please save the date in your diaries!
Further details will be released as soon as possible on this page, but you can sign up for conference updates if you would like us to send you information on how to attend as well as program updates as they become available.
While we will miss the in-person interaction that the conference has provided each year, we are excited by the prospect of enriching our discussions with more experiences and perspectives shared from colleagues across the world.
The 2020 conference will address open access at a time of global challenge, taking on the demands and opportunities for open scholarship in relation to past and future crises in different regions of the globe. OASPA 2020 will also be a forum for collective reflection on the impact of the coronavirus pandemic and our ongoing endeavour to ensure scholarship is open and accessible to all.
The program committee is working hard to deliver an exceptional series of sessions, exploring:
- The latest developments in global open access policy
- Funding and operational models for equitable open access
- Moves toward community-owned, open infrastructure
- Engaging researchers in open scholarship
- Pricing and cost transparency
- Perspectives from small and scholar-led publishers
- The future of open scholarship
Please feel free to discuss the conference on social media using the hashtag #OASPA2020. Enquiries regarding the conference should be directed to email@example.com. We hope you can join us!
For highlights from last year’s conference in Copenhagen, recordings can be found here.
2020 OASPA Conference Committee
Jennifer Gibson (eLife) – Chair
Xenia van Edig (Copernicus Publications)
Catriona MacCallum (Hindawi)
Emma Wilson (Royal Society of Chemistry)
Juan Pablo Alperin (ScholCommLab/Public Knowledge Project)
Abel Packer (SciELO)
Shuai Yan (Independent Consultant, China)
Charles Watkinson (University of Michigan)
Information about previous OASPA conferences can be found using the following links:
- Recordings, slides and posters from OASPA 2019 Program
- Recordings, slides and posters from COASP 2018 Program
- Recordings, slides and posters from COASP 2017 Program
- Recordings from COASP 2016 Program
- Recordings from COASP 2015 Program
- Recordings from COASP 2014 Program
- Slides from COASP Asia, Bangkok, Thailand, 2-3 June 2014
- Recordings and Slides from COASP 2013
- Recordings and Slides from COASP 2012
- Video Recordings from COASP 2011
- Video Recordings from COASP 2010
- Video Recordings from COASP 2009