Who we are
OASPA is a diverse community of organisations engaged in open scholarship. Our membership includes scholar-led and professional publishers of books and journals, across varied geographies and disciplines, as well as infrastructure and other services. We are a trusted convenor of the broad, global spectrum of open access stakeholders and a proven venue for productive collaboration.
We encourage and enable open access as the predominant model of communication for scholarly outputs.
What we do
We develop and disseminate solutions that advance open access and ensure a diverse, vibrant, and healthy open access community, through:
- Leadership and Development – We create awareness of the benefits of OA publishing and highlight policies that enhance and support OA publications.
- Collaboration and Convening – We convene community stakeholders to share experiences, discuss problems and identify opportunities in the advancement of open access.
- Setting Standards – We promote best practice and ethical standards in open access, applying rigorous criteria and in-depth review to membership and actively collaborating on important standard-raising scholarly communication initiatives.
- Promoting Innovation – We contribute to the development and dissemination of the innovative approaches to scholarly publishing and the related opportunities that OA content allows.
- Supporting the OA Ecosystem – We promote the development of diverse systems, business models and policies that support OA publishing and encourage a vibrant and competitive market for pure OA publishing in the longer term.