Representing a community of scholarly publishers and related organisations, OASPA is committed to developing and disseminating solutions that advance open access, preserve the integrity of scholarship, and promote best practice. OASPA is a trusted convenor of open access stakeholders and a venue for productive collaboration. One of the core goals of OASPA is to support the transition to a world in which open access becomes the predominant model of publication for scholarly outputs. Another core goal of OASPA is to help ensure a diverse, vibrant, and healthy open access market that supports a wide variety of innovative solutions and business models.
We focus on the following areas:
- Leadership and Development – Providing leadership in the open access space through activities that create awareness of the benefits of OA publishing, promote the value publishers bring to the publication process, and highlight the various policies that enhance and support OA publications.
- Productive Collaboration – Convening stakeholders within the community to discuss problems and opportunities within OA publishing and to share experiences.
- Setting Standards – Promoting best practice and ethical standards to preserve the integrity of scholarship.
- Promoting Innovation – Contributing to the development and dissemination of innovative approaches to scholarly publishing and the related opportunities that OA content allows.
- Supporting the OA Market – Promoting the development of diverse business models and policies that support pure OA publishing, and will sustain a vibrant and competitive market for pure OA publishing in the longer term.