OASPA Board Members are appointed via an annual election process and serve for a term of 3 years. The OASPA By Laws state that at least half of the number of board members must consist of representatives of members who obtain at least fifty per cent (50%) of their income from activities related to the publication of fully Open Access journals and fully Open Access books.
Board Members meet regularly both online and in person to discuss and direct the activities of OASPA to ensure our mission and purpose is fulfilled. As well as meetings, Board Members take an active role in the running of the association, which includes their participation in or assistance with events, committees and working groups.
The following individuals are recognised as members of the OASPA board:
- Paul Peters – Hindawi Limited (until 2020) Chair
- Eelco Ferwerda – OAPEN Foundation (until 2020) Secretary
- Caroline Sutton – Taylor & Francis Group (until 2021) Treasurer
- Pete Binfield – PeerJ (until 2019)
- Lars Bjørnshauge – DOAJ (until 2019)
- Mark Patterson – eLife (until 2019)
- Stephanie Orphan – Portico (until 2020)
- Franck Vazquez – MDPI (until 2020)
- Bekah Darksmith – Public Library of Science (until 2021)
- Stuart Taylor – The Royal Society (until 2021)
- Xenia van Edig – Copernicus Publications (until 2021)