The Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association, OASPA, is extremely appreciative of the support it receives from the association’s Communications Committee members in helping to extend and reinforce OASPA’s contributions to policy-making and education around open access publishing.
The Committee was set up last year by Jennifer McLennan, Head of Marketing and Communications for eLife and former Director of Programs for SPARC. Jennifer’s wealth of expertise and guidance alone has been invaluable, and in setting up the Committee she has provided a continuing network of support and ideas for which OASPA is especially grateful.
Although she has recently stepped down as Committee Chair, OASPA is delighted that Jennifer will continue to be involved in the association and will remain as a Communications Committee member. Claire Redhead, OASPA’s Membership and Communications Manager, will now take up the position of Chair.
The current Communications Committee Members are:
- Claire Redhead, OASPA Chair
- Jennifer McLennan, Head of Marketing and Communications, eLife
- Amy Bourke, Senior Communications Manager, Nature Publishing Group / Palgrave Macmillan
- Sana Mulla, Senior Product Manager – Open Access, BMJ
- Karen Watts, Public Relations and Communications Manager, IOP Publishing
- Elaine Devine, Communications Manager for Author Relations, Taylor & Francis Group
OASPA member organisations are eligible to participate in this committee. If you have experience in communications and are interested in volunteering for OASPA, please email email@example.com.