OASPA Online Conference on Open Access Scholarly Publishing 2020
Registration is open for the OASPA 2020 Conference which will take place online during the week of Monday 21 – Friday 25 September 2020. You can register now on the registration page.
The full program will be announced soon. Further details will be available as soon as possible on this page, or you can sign up for conference updates if you would like us to send you information updates as they become available.
This year, we will be kicking off the conference with a moderated discussion – Open access at a time of global challenge: How has the world changed?
Our speakers will share global perspectives within the discussion, taking on the demands and opportunities for open scholarship in relation to past and future crises in different regions of the globe. They will reflect on the impact of the coronavirus pandemic and our ongoing endeavour to ensure scholarship is open and accessible to all.
Other panels and keynotes will cover:
- The Future of Community-owned Open Infrastructure in a World Transformed
- What Funding and Business Mechanisms will Support Equitable Open Access
- Researchers, Open Science and Open Access behaviours – what changed in 2020
- Pricing and cost transparency: Is it time to unbundle the “end to end” publication process?
- Small and scholar-led publishers: What lessons can they teach us?
- The future of open research communication: Where are we headed and how could we prepare?
Call for contributions
A call for contributions for our Poster session can be found on our blog here. We are looking for short proposals by the deadline of July 10 2020.
The conference is being discussed on social media using the hashtag #OASPA2020. Enquiries regarding the conference should be directed to email@example.com.
For highlights from last year’s conference in Copenhagen, recordings can be found here.
2020 OASPA Conference Committee
Jennifer Gibson (eLife) – Chair
Xenia van Edig (Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB))
Catriona MacCallum (Hindawi)
Emma Wilson (Royal Society of Chemistry)
Juan Pablo Alperin (ScholCommLab/Public Knowledge Project)
Abel Packer (SciELO)
Shuai Yan (Independent Consultant, China)
Charles Watkinson (University of Michigan)
Information about previous OASPA conferences can be found using the following links:
- Recordings, slides and posters from OASPA 2019 Program
- Recordings, slides and posters from COASP 2018 Program
- Recordings, slides and posters from COASP 2017 Program
- Recordings from COASP 2016 Program
- Recordings from COASP 2015 Program
- Recordings from COASP 2014 Program
- Slides from COASP Asia, Bangkok, Thailand, 2-3 June 2014
- Recordings and Slides from COASP 2013
- Recordings and Slides from COASP 2012
- Video Recordings from COASP 2011
- Video Recordings from COASP 2010
- Video Recordings from COASP 2009